1. HEIGHT : Stand straight against a wall without your shoes. Make a mark level with the top of your head. Measure from this point down to the floor.
2. NECK : Measure around the base of the neck where a collared shirt would fit, or measure a collar band on a shirt that fits you well.
3. CHEST : Measure the fullest part of your chest. Hold the tape firmly, but not tightly. Be sure the tape is level and straight across your back. Stand naturally.
4. WAIST / MID-SECTION : First, remove your belt. Then, measure over shirt (not over pants) at the position you normally wear your pants. Hold the tape firmly but not tightly. For shirts and covering garments such as coveralls - measure midsection over clothing around the fullest part of the abdomen. Note: Include both "a" and "b" measurements if ordering multiple garments.
5. HIPS : Stand with your heels together. Measure around the fullest part of the hips. Hold the tape measure straight and level.
6. INSEAM : Standing straight, measure the distance from the crotch to just below the ankle bone. Or using similar style pants that fit you well: lay garment flat with front and back creases and smooth. Measure along the inside seam of one leg from the bottom of the hem to the crotch.
7. SLEEVE : Bend the elbow slightly. Start at the center back of the neck and measure across the shoulder to the elbow and down to the wrist bone.
8. TRUNK : Measure from base of neck (front) down around crotch and back up to the bottom of the collar. (for coveralls only)
9. CAP / HAT SIZE : Measure the circumference of the head at it's widest diameter, approximately 1/8" above the ears.
10. FRONT & BACK RISES : FRONT - this is the distance from the center front at the top of the waistband to the intersection of the crotch seams. BACK - this is the distance from the center back at the top of the waistband to the intersection of the crotch seams.
11. ACROSS SHOULDERS : While standing with arms down, measure across the back from one shoulder joint to the other.
12. UPPER ARM / BICEP : Measure the maximum circumference of the upper arm just below the under arm.
13. FOREARM : Measure the maximum circumference of the forearm at approximately 6" above the wrist.
14. WRIST : Measure the wrist circumference over the wrist bone.
15. THIGH : Measure around thigh (parallel to floor), below crotch.
16. KNEE : With the leg straight, measure the knee circumference over the knee cap and parallel to the floor.
17. CALF : Measure the circumference of the largest part of the lower leg approximately half way between the knee and ankle and parallel to the floor.
18. OUTSEAM : Measure along the outside of the leg from the top of the waistband to the bottom of the hem of just below the ankle bone. or - lay garment flat, measure along outseam from top of band to bottom of hem.
19. OVER ARM : With arms at the sides, measure around the broadest part of the shoulders and upper arms, keeping the tape level at all times. If over-arm measurement is 7" larger than chest measurement, go up one size.